Blogger Widgets

http://www.naijaplaza.com/p/blog-page_15.html

Flying Eagles goalkeeper Olorunleke eyes return to national duty

Olorunleke in action for Nigeria
After impressing with the Elephants in the NPFL, the goalkeeper is eyeing a return to the Nigeria U23 squad ahead Rio Olympics

Giwa FC’s Ojo Olorunleke is hopeful his club form can translate into an international return, having featured for Nigeria at the 2015 Fifa U20 World Cup.
The 19-year-old goalkeeper, rated as one of the best in the Nigeria topflight played a massive role in his Jos side’s fifth place finish in the league and has not hidden his desire to play for the country at the 2016 Rio Olympics.
“My priority has also been to represent my country, and judging by my performance with Giwa FC last season, I’m ready to challenge for a place in the Nigeria U23 team,” Olorunleke told Goal.
“I was part of the Flying Eagles team to the African U20 Championship and the U20 World Cup where I was not given enough opportunity to prove myself and with my current form, I’ll give in my all to be in Brazil.”
On his future with Giwa FC, Olorunleke said he remains a player of the Jos Elephants but despite interest from several clubs.
“For now, I play for Giwa FC but don't know what may happen before the commencement of the new season because some teams are in talks with me,” he continued.
“To be candid, I still have a year left [with Giwa] and should nothing happen, I will stay and help the club challenge for the league title.
Share on Google Plus

About Benjamin Adakole

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Show Emoticons